Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / New free Orchestral score, Kingdom

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 21:08 Edited at: 12th May 2008 22:36
I've made a new orchestral song, i tried making it sounds like movie music or something I've noticed that i've been getting very few comments on my recent songs, and not just only on here, it seems my music is not worthy of comments anywhere But if you've got any thoughts or suggestions please post them, i like all feedback

The song is located at http://www.soundclick.com/peacemaker and is called "kingdom"

If you want to use this song in any of your games or projects, send me an email at Karisigurd4@gmail.com and get my permission first..

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 21:32
This is one of those times I wish I had a .gif of a bush rolling along the desert.

Not too long, not too short. Wasn't repetitive in any way. The song was nice, but the part where the piano first kicks in could have some more activity with the "background" piano. I felt there was too little going on there. But don't take any advice from me serious since I don't really know music theory, I just pretend I do.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Agent Joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 05:19
I like this track! The only thing you need is better instruments... I need better sounds myself. I just got the Symphonic choir and Quantum leaps Ra from "soundsonline.com" It was expensive but they seem to work pretty good so far. I think you should take a look at Gigastudio 3 because it comes with a basic version of the vienna symphonic orchestra, which I say are the best. You can check out Gigastudio at "tascam.com" and you can check out the instruments I'm talking about at "vsl.co.at" I will be getting a chamberstrings Instrument set from there soon.

Try things that you normally wouldn't... you might find the answer.
Indie Rock 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you tried Garritan Personal Orchestra? Some of the best orchestral samples I've found.

I like the song though. It seems like it'd work well as battle music for a Japanese style RPG.

eVGA 780i Mobo :: Intel C2D E8400 OC'ed @ 4.0Ghz :: Tuniq Tower 120 heatsink :: 2GB Kensington 1066Mhz DDR2 RAM :: 2 x eVGA 8800 GT KO 512MB SLi :: m-Audio Audiophile 192 :: Vista Ultimate x86
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 10:04
This sounds great have you ever thought about selling a license for your music library?
ThankX
Punk13

[url=http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/jakepunkx13/toldv5.jpg[/img][/url]

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 11:52
Unfortunately, I've found that mostly really heavy metal is what goes home with the crowds; my classical / rock pieces are seems to be hardly appreciated at all, so I guess that goes for most composers in that genre

Anyways, your song sounds pretty neat.
I think the sounds are pretty good too; it seems that you've put some time into getting the right sound for this.
I have to agree with Grandma to some degree though; it got a bit empty on the first piano part, but overall a good track.
I think it would fit pretty well in some medieval fantasy style game / movie

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 17:40
It's okay. Although, it gets to slow in some points. All the best,
Beastegargoyle

Streets of Rage the best 3d beat em up ever check out the wip on apollo forums!
The Last Great Swordsmen Wip here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124414&b=19
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for commenting everyone

Quote: "but the part where the piano first kicks in could have some more activity with the "background" piano"

i can see what you mean, but what i was trying to do there was like some sad dramatic part of the song, and then it goes back to full, i dont know how to explain it really..

Quote: "The only thing you need is better instruments"

.. hehe, i know there are better orchestral samples out there, but i already bought the Ewqsl Orchestral silver edition ( i should have saved a little more money and bought the gold version ) but since i've already bought the silver one, i think i'll stick with that one for a while untill i've got enough money to buy something much better. I've always wanted the choir one you have, isnt it just great!??

Quote: "This sounds great have you ever thought about selling a license for your music library?"

what do you mean exactly?

Thanks again for the comments, one funny thing, after only one day this song is a top100 song on soundclick.com, that's the first time it's gone to 100 so fast for me

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 00:21
What did you use to make this? I need some better sounding orchestra stuff!

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
I used Flstudio producer edition ( http://www.Flstudio.com ) . And the orchestral sounds i used came from Ewqsl symphonic orchestra Silver edition ( http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQL-Symphonic-Orchestra-Silver-Edition-pr-EW-161.html )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:30:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:30:22