Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Winsock samples - where are they?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 20:25 Edited at: 13th May 2008 20:28
Quote: "Several more advanced Winsock client and server samples are included with the Windows SDK. By default, the Winsock sample source code is installed in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windowsv6.0\Samples\NetDs\winsock"

I do not have the winsock sample files on my computer but I do have the windows SDK installed.

I've searched the internet but I can't seem to find anywhere where I can download the sample files, specifically the winsock sample files.

Does anyone know where I can download them?
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 02:34 Edited at: 14th May 2008 02:37
Here is where they are on my machine:
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2/Samples/NetDS/WinSock

Of course, I have downloaded and installed the Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003.

Is this the Express version install? I would imagine that they are not automatically included in the installation. I know that alot of samples are not installed by default, and you have to set an option when installing to get them. But, the Express version is missing alot of other things that you would get by downloading various SDKs individually. The Platform SDK also includes ATL and MFC, which I think are also missing from VS Express.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:17:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:17:54