Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Making Vista compatible with FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 20:31
Hi everybody.
Some of you have already experienced that you cant use FPSC on Vista.
But this ends today!
All you need is to install following content from the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en
When done with the installation your FPSC should be compatible with your Vista.

If this link/tutorial has been posted before please delete this thread.

Best regards
the fps gamer

-If it is cool then it is cool
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 20:41
Good try but the real issue is that the UAC keeps hiding files in the VirtualStore and thrus the system cannot find certain files when it runs your game.

You can find out more about this store at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387

You have to run everything as administrator and it still hides these files due to that inside the actual FPSC, it calls other executables such as the editor and the run map to view your game.

I have never had any problems with vista (I think that makes 3 people I know personally who have no issues with Vista) and it runs FPSC fine (as long as you understand what is happening behinds the scenes)

Your mod has been erased by a signature
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
I run it on Vista with 1.09 and it works better than it ever did on XP. Love FPSC and X10!

TJ

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 22:04
Almost forgot. You can install it to a different directory (instead of c:\Program Files\) such as c:\TheGameCreators\ and it works fine in Vista. The VirtualStore only works with Program Files.

Your mod has been erased by a signature
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 14:47
Quote: "Good try but the real issue is that the UAC keeps hiding files in the VirtualStore and thrus the system cannot find certain files when it runs your game.

You can find out more about this store at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387

You have to run everything as administrator and it still hides these files due to that inside the actual FPSC, it calls other executables such as the editor and the run map to view your game.

I have never had any problems with vista (I think that makes 3 people I know personally who have no issues with Vista) and it runs FPSC fine (as long as you understand what is happening behinds the scenes)"

Well even though it might be the UAC hiding the files i think the real problem is something else.
See i live in Europe and just bought a new Vista computer lately. The US Vista computers might be updated with the DX9 files but the European editions are not.
However the thing with the UAC hiding files sounds very true to me.
Maybe im just all wrong.

Best Regards

The fps gamer

-If it is cool then it is cool

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:33:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:33:36