Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 01:36
Yes, I know this has been asked before. I also know that none of the workarounds I have seen work for me. I have this lag bug with the ducts and don't know how to fix it. Here is a vid for those who don't know what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wcHfO1uK8 (ignore everything except the ducts please. The ducts are the only part I still have trouble with)

It only looks like I know what I'm talking about.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 01:49
Ducts have always been problematical for some users in some instances. In the latest versions they dont render for me whereas in earlier versions they did.

As far as I am aware if they dont render in the latest versions then they may not render at all due to incompatibilities with them.

Others may be able to suggest a fix in current versions. I do not know of one yet sorry.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 02:11
Here's one way to find out what's causing all the lag.

During your test game, make your way into the laggy spot and press "[" or "]", can't remember which one. ANYWAY! That should make everything turn wireframe and you'll be able to see everything out there that's being rendered. Perhaps while in that spot, the portal system of FPSC is still trying to render too much of the level, or has activated too many entities all at the same time.

It's worth a look.

The one and only,

moncho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 05:09
i always get this problem to i dont now what it is

moncho

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:30:40