Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / D3DFUNC source Prob.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, i can get the source to compile problem is, it doesn't seem to be creating the DLL, i see a .LIB file in the folder where it's compiled to, but no DLL

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 11:34
If you see a .lib file, but no .dll file, then your project is probably set to create a static link library, and not a .dll

dll projects also create a .lib file as an intermediate step in creating the dll. (Allowing consumers of your dll to choose how they link to it.)

That option is set when you create the project, but you could probably go in and manually reset the relevant options. It would be more of a pain than just starting over with the correct options, I think.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 15:13
Check the target of the project. It may be built directly into the plug-ins folder.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 18:49
@IanM
Kind of off topic, but is there a way to get ONLY the .dll to be compiled to the plugins-user folder, without the .obj file and other stuff?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 19:24
Yes. By default, both the intermediate files (.obj, .res, .idb, .pch & buildlog.htm) and the final files (.lib, .exp, .pdb & .dll) go into the standard Release folder.

You may have already noticed the 'Output Directory' on the top-level 'General' config properties, but that covers *all* of the final files, not just .dll.

Instead, take a look at the 'Linker/General' settings, and the 'Output File' setting. It'll generally be set up as '$(OutDir)/<DllName>.dll' - just change it to where you need it to go. Unfortunately, it's not a file browser, so you need to type the full path by hand (or copy/paste from the address bar of an explorer window).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:26:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:26:09