Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Skysphere help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to use sky spheres instead of boxes for multiple reasons. Trying to use the ones included with the DarkGDK has given me an issue. Only the sides of the sphere have images; the top and bottom are solid color. You can see the effect at the top of the included image.

Here is the code I am using for the skysphere. I have tried altering the mode of the SetObjectTexture function to no avail. I have also tried searching this forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 17:13
thats what they're like i think. sorry. At least they've always done that for me
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 18:06 Edited at: 18th May 2008 18:08
Looking at the Alien Maelstrom files that accompany GDK, I have noticed that the textures are DDS, and the X file references .BMP

That might be an issue, because here are the 6 DDS textures:

Maybe you can open the am.x file in Notepad, and change BMP to DDS.
Slayer 706
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "thats what they're like i think. sorry. At least they've always done that for me"
If that is how they are supposed to look, why would anyone use them?
Quote: "Maybe you can open the am.x file in Notepad, and change BMP to DDS."
Just tried it, and it seemed to have no effect.

Any other ideas? Any help would be appreciated, as it seems I am not the only one with this problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:21:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:21:49