Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V1.08 and Vista

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 19:10 Edited at: 18th May 2008 19:14
It seems the original version of FPSC off the disc works fine. Although as I move through updated 7, and 8 do not work.

The error's or problem's that I get are frustrating, but I am not using the software intensively, currently. First off when I create a map with the basic floor tile and player start position, it loads one of the scifi test maps. The second error is generally a ( Runtime Error 106 - File already exists at line 22298 ).

These error's are probebly caused by vista or DX10 but I am just wondering. Here is my
Quote: "tech"
specs:

- Vista Premium
- INTEL Q6600 Proc
- GeForce 8800 Overclocked
- 3 Gigs of RAM

Here is the error in
Quote: "image"
form:

This is the first error

This is the second error

This is the third error

If anyone has any solution to this problem, please post - I would like to get creating with FPSC.

Cheer's to Lee and his team, and all the members of the FPSC form.
Nick.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 19:20
einstallfpsc. Install latest update. Right click on all the applications install folder, go to properties, set compatability mode to windows xp.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 00:03
And find a more recent version of the MSC++ library... The default one in Vista is like... well, crappy...
castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 01:50 Edited at: 19th May 2008 06:55
Quote: "nstallfpsc. Install latest update. Right click on all the applications install folder, go to properties, set compatability mode to windows xp."

i have the same problem and when i tried that nothing happend

"The Beginning is the end."
Game Beetle
Years of Service
User Offline
First off, thank you for all the response. ( Prince Of Darkness ) if you could provide me with a link to the latest MS C++ Library, it would be well appreciated. I have looked for it on Microsoft's site, but I'm not sure what I'm downloading.

As for the nstallfpsc approach I haven't tried it, but I find no such setting anyways after following your reinstall instructions.

Thx for all the help cheers
Nick.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 08:27
Quote: "First off, thank you for all the response. ( Prince Of Darkness ) if you could provide me with a link to the latest MS C++ Library, it would be well appreciated. I have looked for it on Microsoft's site, but I'm not sure what I'm downloading."

Wish I could, but they seem to have removed or relocated the one I am using.

Your second error is caused by a corrupted level, at some point you made a mistake in the level, which then corrupted it somehow. No one knows how this is caused exactly. It just happens every now and then.

The third one is the result of the second one, if the second one occurs, Debug 0.0 tells that the FPSC-Game.exe or anything similar was shut down before it expected it to happen.
Game Beetle
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you man, you know your stuff.

It says that my .NET framework is 3.5 if that has anymeaning what so ever to this conflict.

Cheers
Nick

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:25:06