Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Anaglyph Thing.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 04:13
Check it out. Self extracting archive. Includes .dba. You'll need red/cyan 3d glasses. See the screeny at the bottom. I appended a copy of the code too.

Basically it renders two camera views, then displays these camera views on two plains (the one drawn second is ghosted), which are then seen by the camera that ends up on the screen. The plains are vertex coloured red and cyan. NB i originally lit the word red then cyan for taking the two pictures, which works fine too, but put some constraints on what could be done.

Also includes code of how to change the vertex colour of DB primitives. It seems the help file says that objects have a memblock format with 36 bytes per vertex, when, in actual fact they only use 32, and it appears that the vertex colours is what is missing.

I tried using sprites like many people appear to have suggested (search board for anaglyph), but no luck. You don't appear to be able to ghost sprites- just make them transparent. You could make a working anaglyph but not a very bright one.

Anyway have fun. Instructions in the folder.

A screeny:

The code:

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 19:44
You need to point both the cameras at whatever object is being focused on

jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 22:55
Whoa, this is cool and actually works!! Very neat!

You're the 'th to view this signature!
Doggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 21:19
That's awesome. I'd like to see a scene editor for this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:36:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:36:21