Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help - Image Masking & Fiixing Minimap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 01:55
Ok I am working on a fps that I am going to opensource and try to get some cool functions, but I need help, first things first Is there a way I can mask an image if its outside of lets say a cricle or rectangle? Second thing I have a somewhat working minimap and i need help, i want it to be realated to the map ( say object id is 99) and my camera ( object id 0) and that the top left is the top left of the map ( bsp ). Thanks in advance...

Minimap:

Rendetion a farcry from DarkGDK
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 06:12
I might be able to help on your first query but I'm not totally clear on what you're asking. Can you elucidate for the mentally strained, such as myself?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Mc Koding
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 06:22
I mean that how could i mask an image if its outside of a declared circle or rectangle. My seconed is how could i make that i check were i would be on a minimap with my camera postion against my level object postion, and i am using the minimap code that is kinda messed.

Rendetion a farcry from DarkGDK
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 18:33
More details - maybe a pic. Your explaination can be taken to mean a few different things ... in my mind anyway. I know it makes perfect sense to you... but - I don't understand where you are in your game (so how it would or wouldn't matter - context thing, what kind of mask you want, and the minimap could use a 2-3 sentance explaination of what it is, how it was made, and why it matters to this problem your having.

It does matter - its been awhile and no one has answered you.. not because they don't want to - but its hard to know where to start.

Help Us, Help You, Help the next person!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:27:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:27:23