Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question about modifying Glaive weapon to new weapon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, I am (sort of) a new user of FPSC, bought it a long time ago and never really did anything with it...just trying it again now. I've also bought DBPro, but I'm concentrating on FPSC because my lack of knowledge and short attention span....

I would like to build a very simple model of a snowball, basically a sphere textured with a white graphic, snowy-like, etc. That should be no problem. But I'd like it to use Glaive-like physics when it's thrown, arcing in the air before falling down. I am guessing I could remove the explosion at the end and replace it with a snowy "impact" sound and decal instead.

I have these ideas, but I don't really know where to start. I'm not a game programmer, I'm just a newbie enthusiast. Can anyone point me in the right direction to start?

Thanks very much!
Regards,
Kevin
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 00:05
Not too sure about the sound and decal, but it should be possible.

The one and only,

Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 22:43
you could change the explode decal of the snowball in the gamecore files. this would make every explosion a snowy wonderlang, though. the sounds are possible as well. TGC has an entity maker on the FPSC website that can be used to make weapons if you have all of the media ready to import. Try playing around I little bit ans see what you come up with.

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:23
You make it sound easy Hybrid!

You can't change the decal but you can change the explosion images. FPSC uses two images in teh explosion, the smoke and the fire. Go to the gamecore/debris location and find the files and change them to snowy images.

As for the weapon, a ball is simple and can be made within 2 seconds. Give it some normal/diffuse maps and a nice texture and you got yourself a fine snowball.

The sounds for snowballs are easy, blow into you mic for a second then shorten in up for an impact-like sound.

Help in a box,
==MeZo

"Any gift can be great, no matter how small, because it's not the gift that counts, it's the meaning behind it"
"Heaven for climate, Hell for company"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:31:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:31:44