Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Static problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes, when I place ANY entity or door segaments they are always static and I can't change it. I have no idea why, I right click on them to go to properties and there's no option for changing from static to dynamic.

I have FPS Creator V108
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 22:40
do you mean that when you place, oh, let's say, a door from the scifi section, the door entity is static? Please clairify.

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:20
Are you using Multiplayer? Everything must be static in MP because FPSC doesn't sync dynamic objects. So if one player pushes a box from the top of a cliff to the bottom, the other player will still see it at the top and the one player will see it at the bottom during the same game.

Make sense?

If this is in SP, then reinstall FPSC cause you're FUBAR-ed if it is.

"Any gift can be great, no matter how small, because it's not the gift that counts, it's the meaning behind it"
"Heaven for climate, Hell for company"
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 05:11
In the properties window there should be a drop-down box just underneath the entity's name. For a dynamic entity, it should say "No" in this box.

As for being MP or SP. If the background of your editor is RED, then it's multiplayer and you can't use dynamic entities. If it is BLUE then follow what I just said.

An alternative to this is to pickup the entity in the editor and while it is attached to your mouse, press "Y" to swap between static and dynamic. (Static entities have a Red halo around them, and Dynamic entities have a Green halo around them)

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:25:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:25:14