Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Hey anyone familer with the free 3D models that dark GDK gave and Direct X....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey anyone familer with the free 3D models that dark GDK gave and Direct X gave. They have some that are charecters. But instead of each charecter being one looped with many different actions the charecter is many different .X files one for each action. Every time I try to loop it play it it wont. If I ever get time I will create My own but I would like to get an Idea of how My game will look. It would be nice to be able to take lets say the alien-attack.X and have it doing the attack motion instead of being like a statue moving around.

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 18:27
dbPlayObject(id, maybespeedgoeshere) in DarkGDK help under Basic3D.

As soon as possible though you should learn about using your own timer based animation... in short.. you can specificy what animation frame a model should be in at any time. These "frames" are floats... so frame 1.543 is valid... So you can calculate elapsed time each loop, and then forward the model itself, and the animation with values that "look right" by multiplying these "values against time elapsed number you calculated.

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 18:49
In order to get the animations, you need to use dbAppendObject. Basically, you call dbLoadObject, then dbAppendObject to append the additional frames in the animation set, including those in the other files, one at a time in concert with dbTotalObjectFrames. They have 135 frames total, iirc.

I can't really post GDK example code, but...you are not loading the entire animation, only the static mesh.
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 07:52
Well technically not ONLY the static mesh... because each file contains an animation so he is at least loading one animation with each file...

He is just not loading all of them...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 19:54
That's true for all but the file I believe that he is referring to...the one with the word static in the filename...those have no animation information.

You load the static model from that file, and append the others in turn...idle, move, attack1, impact, die
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 07:16
Mako - or whatever her name is - works kinda whack with sparky's.

Me and RB were fighting with that one for awhile. DarkPhysics didn't like that spitfire to much either.

Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the responses they are quite helpfull. Any example code would be nice as well

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:30:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:30:45