Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Exploding door?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Question, I have a character and when he walks up to a door and opens it, the door explodes, how can I do this, please help?

Thanks.

-ABR
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 08:47
scripting would be the way to go.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 20:12
Perfectly possible for player character!

I'm not sure if you can script for NPC's to activate triggerzones or not.

However they can obviously open and walk through doors based upon proximity so I think there's a good chance you could achieve this for player and ai characters.

You would need to either modify an existing automatic door script and apply it to the door entity directly or place a triggerzone infront of the door and use a destroy script ensuring the door entity is defined in the 'if used' field and the door entity properties are set to explodable=yes with the required values.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 20:57
Quote: "I'm not sure if you can script for NPC's to activate triggerzones or not."

Use ANYWITHINZONE......

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
ABR
Years of Service
User Offline
No I think you don't understand, I am talking about having the PLAYER walk up to a door and when the PLAYER opens the door, the door explodes, how can I do that? I am a newb and don't know how to script?

-ABR
ABR
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone?

-ABR
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 16:15
Sorry if I come off as harsh, but please only post one post on one board. Do not make double posts with the same question. People will not answer you question mure quickly, instead, they will scream "n00b" at you. So, for futute reference, read the stickies at the top of the boards as well as the board use guidelines.

And, yes, I have been working on a solution for you. While is is possible to make the door be destroyed, it is much harder to make it "explode" It is possible, but it will take some work.

Here is the door destroy FPI:

This above sode just makes the door dissapear and not explode.

What I would think to do, is use this script:

use this to spawn an explodable barrel named "boom" a little off of the ground. Then, its hurtfall would be set to 1. this way, when it spawns, it falls and explodes, making the explodable door explode.

I can even make the barrel invisible for you. use this script as it's start script:

Hope all of this information will help. Now I have to put this on all of your boards sinceI don't know which one you would check.

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 19:16
i cant find hurtfall, where is it

Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 19:32
surry, set it's health to 1

Changes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 21:15
Why dont you make the door script emit a sprite when the door is opened then tell the door to 'kill' its self.

jamie
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 03:31
when you refer to "kill" you refer to the "destroy" action in FPI scripts. Spawning a sprite would work, nut if you want it to do damage and affect the physics system, you should use my way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:24:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:24:03