Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Source?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 10:11
Does the FPSC source work with leadwerks engine? Because it would be a great leap for programmers if it was.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 10:43
From what I've been told and what I've read, the Leadwerks engine is aimed toward other languages with a lot more power than DBP. Languages like C++.

Besides, if you want to get serious about game making, that's where you're going to end up anyway. Either in C++, C#, or .Net

The one and only,

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 17:01
Yes, i just wondered, as leadwerks engine supports BASIC aswell as other languages. Meaning you could combine the powers.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 20:24
I doubt FPSC and Leadwerks could be combined.

Plystire is right. Your better off just learning how to write some C and take advantage of the Leadwerks features.

It will be interesting to see what can be achieved when TGC release DBPro X10 and the FPSC X10 source code. It might be a while before anyone is able to put a mod of that nature together though.

Leadwerks certainly looks more user friendly than most programming orientated development environments I've seen.

I would probably invest my time into learning DBPro and see what you can do with the FPSC v1.07 source first. That should give you an idea whether your cut out for doing engine programming or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:27:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:27:40