Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Some Problems with Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 18:11
Hello,
I'm creating a 3D Game with Dark GDK and I have Problems with the Collision:
I use this code:

The Camera has the ID 0 and ID 1007 is a house.

Problem 1:
When I run on a wall i can't walk (that's the OK part), but when i move the mouse and keep running, I can walk through the wall.

Problem 2:
Some Objects are turned at the Y Angle

I can walk through the Objects as they are turned, but there is a invisible Object where they would be if they were not turned and there I can't walk.

regards

MES
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 18:50
Well Sir,

I personally think the Built in Collision for DarkGDK and DBPro, while effective, doesn't quite have the performance speed nor some of the "organization" possible (via setting up groups of "like" things regarding collision) as the Sparky's Collision DLL offers.

I'm a big fan of Paul and this library because of beating the heck out of it and it does what it's supposed to do! (Quick too)

Paul Johnson's (Sparky's) Collision DLL - aka Sparky's:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74762&b=5

I only wish he had a way to "Save" Object information so load time could be faster. For example, if you make a BIG terrain level, and use sparky's for collision - its take a long time to set up. Ok Fine. However, it would be nice if you could save the "calculations" it just did for subsequent loads... like how DarkPhysics does it.

I recommend checking this out. Note also, that DarkPhysics has decent collision and ray tracing as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:32:40