Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How 2 clone object by sharing mesh, animation together ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I use dbCloneObject but .. it use 95000k memories per 1 clone object. My frame per sec slow down..if there are more than 4 objects..
I use dbInstanceObject .. but it share data all data..
I want 2 share only mesh ,texture and animation together.. but how?
Taoie
Years of Service
User Offline
I use dbInstanceObject it good to share mesh ,texture and animation
but it dont play frame it stop at frame 0...why ? i think it play frame same as original one..
I dont want it play frame same as the original one.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 21:43
I'm afraid the TRUE answer yto your question is "You Can't" unless you use DirectX directly - which gives you more control over how actual mesh and animation data is... I guess delegated...

DarkGDK has some ceilings - and many more strengths. Try bringing the polys down or something. I know what you mean though... I have some models I use only 9000 poly each - but after instancing those a few to many times... its a bit taxing.

you can clone, and you can instance. Instancing is great from trees and static stuff... or if you have a bunch of girld line dancing in unison - but not as a "smart" resource preservation tool for the application you describe here in your initial post.

Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe thier is something wrong with my math but

Quote: "95000k"

per object if you have a 256meg grapics card it can only hold 2 objects

System
MacBook Pro
Windows XP Home on Boot Camp
Taoie
Years of Service
User Offline
I use sample model that come with dark gdk .It's Colonel-X.X . size 2716 kb around 500 frame animation ..I think it is low polygon model..

there somepeople told me to use share model and texture and animation..

I still dont understand with dbInstanceObject. may be will be answer of this problem ..it share model mesh and texture .. but i dont know will it share animation and How to control eath object to play frame animation dont same frame position by each other..

I still newbie so i think i cant write game without useing engine ..

How do all you people do with your many monster/hero 'objects in game?
using clone? using instance? or write directx by ur self?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:33:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:33:23