Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC, what happened?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been using FPSC for over a year now, but what I don't get is why some bits were left out. For example, I know for a fact that (from another thread) there were ladders, and enemies who could go prone etc. I understand why the enemies were left out, but in the Walkthrough, there are funky things like dynamic radar, icons for health and armor, ladders, pitch black areas, (not using scripts, watch it, one part features a pitch black CORNER) so why don't TCG put all the sort back into FPSCv2? It's not too late...

So a Shepard said to his flock; "Thou shalt be confuseth!" and so they were.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 17:05
...good question.

Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I'd really appreciate some answers.

P.S Seth Black, you forgot to do that Sincerly, Seth Black thing at the end of your message. Just saying..

castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 19:07
Quote: "P.S Seth Black, you forgot to do that Sincerly, Seth Black thing at the end of your message"

maybe he wasn't sincere maybe he really knows the answers and isn't telling us!TELL US.

JK

"The Beginning is the end."
Years of Service
User Offline
Seriously though.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 19:03
Quote: "P.S Seth Black, you forgot to do that Sincerly, Seth Black thing at the end of your message."

Good thing he didn't forget the ellipsis, as he'd end up not sounding cool.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 21:32
Quote: "there are funky things like dynamic radar"

I believe they removed that because it took up to much frame rate.

ThankX
Punk13

Negrul1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 21:41
It is all part of TGC's plan to take over the world! I know it! The Dark GDK thing proves it! Everyone knows Microsoft try to take over the world and now TGC are allying with them! We'll all be sent to Microsoft Mining Colonies on mars, chained together, stark naked, fearing our masters' laser-whips. They'll control our thoughts an feelings, drug the water with LoveMicrosoft potions. But they won't need TGC. TGC will think they were friends with the giant, but they'll be chained up as well like everyone else! Stop it now TGC, while we have a chance! Stop it! Before it's too late, I beg of you!

Or maybe just Punk's theory...

I think I need a lie down.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 22:44
Quote: "It is all part of TGC's plan to take over the world! I know it! The Dark GDK thing proves it! Everyone knows Microsoft try to take over the world and now TGC are allying with them! We'll all be sent to Microsoft Mining Colonies on mars, chained together, stark naked, fearing our masters' laser-whips. They'll control our thoughts an feelings, drug the water with LoveMicrosoft potions. But they won't need TGC. TGC will think they were friends with the giant, but they'll be chained up as well like everyone else! Stop it now TGC, while we have a chance! Stop it! Before it's too late, I beg of you"

o.0

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 22:58
Kay, I'm gunna provide half-assed, educationally guessed answers.

As for the proning characters...
You already know, I just re-read the thread .

As for the radar thing...
It would be difficult for the engine to recognize every entity (or ever room/corridor/etc.). I've seen the li'l radar while using it as a de-bug feature (testing the game). It is severely primitive. Most of the time, it only detects certain characters. It hardly recognizes rooms from separate hallways next the the rooms. And it doesn't detect static entities as existent. So it could be very mis-leading... Though Lemur has done this (haven't seen the quality/functionality), TGC hasn't.

As for armor...
Variables, see v109 (though i assume you know this)

As for dark areas...
Ambiance is defined (well, my definition in FPSC) as how dark a non-lit area could be. So they must've either a)textured the corner black or b)set the ambiance to 0 and made the light proximity not touch the corner. Bets are on b.

As for ladders...
Either make an invisible lift or make in invisible ramp in front of the ladder, though short enough not to be detected by the player.

I believe that had everything covered, correct me if I'm wrong about any of this/missed any of this.

[Crap]y help,
==Pride

Formerly MeZo
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 00:19
@Benjamin,

...like I give a rat's arse about sounding cool.

Mind the "P"s and "Q"s, youngster...

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 06:07
...Of course.

..."P"s and "Q"s?

...What are you talking about?

...Fail.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 06:11
Mind your Pints and Quarts...

[center]
Years of Service
User Offline
So, this won't be in V2?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 12:37 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 12:38
Quote: "As for the radar thing...
It would be difficult for the engine to recognize every entity (or ever room/corridor/etc.). I've seen the li'l radar while using it as a de-bug feature (testing the game). It is severely primitive. Most of the time, it only detects certain characters. It hardly recognizes rooms from separate hallways next the the rooms. And it doesn't detect static entities as existent. So it could be very mis-leading... Though Lemur has done this (haven't seen the quality/functionality), TGC hasn't.
"

The version of Lemur I tested used the radar system that was built into FPSC and it worked well for me and it picked up all dynamic entities within the range of radar.

http://www.fpsFREE.com is where you can get a working ladder and script and there are ladders that you can find elsewhere that work as segments/scenery...but don't work as ladders.

And please do watch your language.This is a kid friendly forum.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 18:08
@FredP,

Did you do likewise for the troller?

Years of Service
User Offline
Just saying.. I don't swear.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:22:38