Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiple choices

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can FPS make multiple choices? For instance, in a certain level i want the player to make one of two choices. Depending on the choice he makes, the player will determine the end of the game.
For instance

/ attack plannet A - Fight Creatures ABC
Level 5 ----
\ attack plannet B - Fight Creatures DFG

Is this possible?
castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 17:13
well you could just have 2 different ways to go on the same map. so if you go one way you have to fight ABC and the other way you fight DFG. but if you mean 2 separate levels Then no. you would have to get ply's mod i think to do that.

"The Beginning is the end."
app developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, i thought that 2 separate levels would be easier. If not, how can i distinguish in a certain level if i use enemies ABC or enemies DFG? I'm new to FPS, maybe this is a basic question Sorry
castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 17:24
well you can just have them go to separate ways, or use scripting.

"The Beginning is the end."
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 18:28
Search Ply's mod, it has a NEXTLEVEL ability that allows you to set what level you want to go to next.....

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 18:52
Well, you could make your own "appear" script for the enemies, and check a variable that gets set when the player chooses their fate (I suppose).

If the variable is set to 0, meaning the player didn't do something, or didn't go the "special" route, then it'll only spawn the guys with the "appear0.fpi" script, and if it's 1 then it'll only spawn the guys with the "appear1.fpi" script. For the entities that aren't going to be spawned, you could simply "destroy" them in the appear script.

The one and only,

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 05:44
I like casttech's idea of literally choosing which path to take.
How about having a map with many paths where the objective is to slay each boss that rules the different areas, maybe there could be special weapons on the map that you need to defeat certain bosses.

It is far better to complete a 10 line program than to start a 10,000 line program.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:23:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:23:47