Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Question about Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i have a question for you guys, i know dark gdk uses .dbo for map and .x for skybox but what i would like to know is how to put together my own map and skybox so that it would be read by Dark GDK. If you could link me to software that could be used it would be appreciated.
Slayer 706
Years of Service
User Offline
A skybox is just a cube model with a sky texture inside of it. Just about any modeling program can make one of those. Anim8tor is a free modeling program I use. If you want to convert the models made in Anim8tor to .x, you need to export them as .3ds and use a program called DBConv (which can be found by searching this forum) to convert them. You will also need a program called UVMapper to texture the cube.

This is the process I go through to create a model for DarkGDK:

If anyone knows an easier way to do it using only free programs, please post.
apollo1
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok all i know so far is that i need 6 or 5 pictures to make my skybox and i have those so far but where do i go after that in using Anim8tor?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:18:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:18:58