Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / coming soon: DarkBASIC Users Network (online)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 19:17 Edited at: 9th Jul 2003 19:18
since Eddie Gordo is taking so long, i am going to try to make my own online network. Current features may be:

~Chat - like a db instant messanger
~DBook - like the notepad thing in dbdn, you can write code snippets to put in your db programs here
~Group Project - following eddie gordo's example, i am trying to create a group project area
~Question Column - A mix between forums and ask Mr. DB, this is a place to ask and anwser questions.
~Screenies - Post screenies and d/l's of your finished db programs here

That's it as of now. I started it last night so no screenies yet, and i will keep y'all updated. wish me luck!!!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 21:08
Lol, mattman.Eddie's looks pretty good, so I hope you can make one good also.(and within a week would be nice )

Have to consider why it's taken Eddie so long though, I mean he is working on a mmorpg though( i believe), and he's putting a lot into his online network.

Good luck with it though .

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 16:51
THIEF!!! lol, trust me mattman, can you program C++...if not your screwed becuase mine adds features to the language not just chat.

yes, i am doing an MMORPG, i am doing alot with it though at the moment havn't had time for actaul programming for weeks.

DarkBASIC Users Network (online) remember i changed the name of mine to...im sure you will find out, the same for my name, for yours...

Dun Dun Dun...PS no dis, but i seriosly doubt you can do this, espicailly with the networking and MMOChat.

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 17:39
i know. i have my doubts 2, but i think i can,i think i can,i think i can,i think i can! sadly, i know no c++

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 17:40
oh ya, if you guys could tell me what features you want, PLZ DO!!! I would luv input from db community!!!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 19:11
yeah and if you post hear, ill put those ideas in my version to, lol

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 20:30
meanie u r the 1 with C++, u get that advantage, i get mine, user input!!!!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 20:57
Just make it very user friendly, and easy to navigate through whatever options you include.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 21:02
OK I WILL lol

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 21:08
mattman if you get it done it will be cool with just the features mentioned above nice and simple but it makes sharing info etc easier, no offence eddie but while yours will probably be amazing adding extra features to db an' all i would just like a simple chat,share code,ask questions type of thing.
good luck to both of you

hi guys
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 21:31
I think I'm gonna make one two. lol, j/k.

I don't mind Eddie's cause it's gonna be really powerful, and mattman's simple like red_eye said.

Let's just hope they both get complete.

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 21:41
Commands you want commands...access to the Windows APIs, new Multiplayer code and...a Visual Programmers Studio (Named ORANGE) to create it all...

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 23:10 Edited at: 10th Jul 2003 23:10
ya, i'm gonna keep mine real simple, so i can release it. (crowd goes "ooo")

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 12:44
'oooooooo' lol
good luck to you both

hi guys
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 23:19
Hmm, a nice little competition between the two contenders that are creating a project with the same idea. Eddie has C++, Matt has user input. How bout you each put in little mini games that you can play while talking with your team. That would be fun, none of you have an idea, then you all just start to play a game with eachother, like maybe a tag team fighting game, or a racing game. That would be fun. Oh, maybe both of you can add an interface that will allow TI calcs to be hooked up to it for data transfer so the teams can read others info on the run (TI calcs are useful for everything. Someone even wrote a program for one that lets them connect to the internet.) Oh, make a feature that if someone really makes you mad, and they have the DB Users network, have the ability to short circuit their mother board. Oh, I can see it now, everybody but me gets it, and some idiot starts frying everybodys mother boards, and I'm the only one left with a working one .) That would be funny.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:44:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:44:54