Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / fire.dgdk. Hey jason have a look at this.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 20:23 Edited at: 28th May 2008 20:29
Thats - Fireball.DarkGDK

Jason - I dont see any talk about this. Maybe you can check that code out and see if its of any help. I know your picky about your code, and that a good thing but never hurt to see what others try.

All - looks like another OO wrapper for GDK. Anyone we know?

http://www.codeplex.com/fdgk
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 04:15
Quote: "Discussions List | Create New Discussion
Discussions for Fireball.DarkGDK "

This is empty.

Quote: "There are no work items."
<--Issue Tracker

Dark3DMesh.cs - CSharp... Not C++...

...still looking...

There's no code???

...Wait...
Dark3DObject.cs

Found Some! This Guy has very clean code so far. It looks like he's just getting the ball rolling... Except for the 2005 copyright date.

8 Downloads

Quote: "This Project has no releases."

He must be pickier than me

My current release is JGC 1.1, and there is a 32k (tiny) patch - 3 source files - that fix centered bitmap fonts and right justified ones, as well as ofsetting the bitmap fonts on GUI buttons. (Forgot to add font offset X and Y :-| ... LOL)?

I was kinda excited when I saw this post. I think TGC (And Apex) are still developing the .Net release for DarkGDK.Net and I think it might have a oop approach.. but I don't know for certain.

Well.. I wish Sebastian the best... He obviously has a clean style about him. Maybe we do know him... maybe not.. but He'd be a welcome addition to the crew, that's for sure!

P.S. If you don't have my latest Version - you should snag it because its the tightest yet - seriously - it's up to 150+ configuration parameters, self "clean up" of DarkGDK entities.. (So you literally COULD write sloppy code if you were so desiring... (BAD IDEA but..) the lib cleans all that up if you at least clean up your non GDK entities and classes .. Its faster now, and alot of "missing" functions were added to many GDK entities and all the demos have been "aligned" with the new version - so I hope you give it a facelift by DL'ing the latest unitech... I think you'll like it better than previous versions. It's starting to mature.

http://code.google.com/p/darkgdkoop/

unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
Still plan to get yours implemented. I'm polishing up my advanced 3rd person class and since my maya exports work I'm programming like nutz lately. Once a get it solid ill try to swap out my oop for yours. Tricky part will be making my oop classes work with yours. Should not to too hard though. Ya I felt the same about his code. Looks like he is slow at it though... I wish every one would just butt heads and do one... but thats me..
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 22:17
Well if you like, or need help - back at ya - I'll help ya out to make the conversion easier.

Some things are pretty obvious... but the ones that aren't I can be of assistance.

Also I'm TRYING to doc it on the project page now in the "wiki" area. just started that though. Maybe take a peek of my mere two/three pages of docs and skim them to see if they look decent or like rubbish.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:30:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:30:44