Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK stopped working after thunderstorm

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There was a thunderstorm (caused by tornadoes, but that's another story...) that forced me to unplug my comp for a couple of days. When I logged back on, a lot of program reverted back to default options, including Visual Studio 2008 EE. When I tried to run my program (that ran perfectly before the storm), I recieved an error. But I tried compiling and running the sample Dark GDK code and it worked perfectly. So then I checked and synced the options in the the Linker section of both solutions but the results were the same.

Here's the error:

And I think the code's a little too much to stuff in a code snippet box, but its nothing special so I'll upload it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 23:31
Looks like you lost either your dplayx.lib file or the setting telling the compiler what folder to look under. On my workstation there's a copy under C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirextX SDK (August 2007)\Lib\x86and x64. If it's not there then you probably need to re-install the SDK. If it is there, check your compiler settings to make sure that the x86 or x64 (if you're on a 64 bit machine) is in your list of default lib directories.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
EvilBooger
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, it seems I don't have dplayx.lib in either of my lib folders. When I first noticed that my program wasn't working, I updated my GDK; Now it is March 2008. Do I need to revert back to August 2007?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:24:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:24:44