Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / File I/O Issues DarkGDK & VStudio 2008

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been following the instructions on the KB Article on the page: [href=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950617/en]

There it says to add 2 namespaces, System and System::IO.

I've added them to a header file, but the compiler doesn´t find them, here is a bit of the code:

I´m trying to make functions to Read/Write settings to a text file, can you tell me how to add the I/O support from C++ or another way to implement the settings thing?

Thanks beforehand
Slayer 706
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you try:
XtremLeo
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried it but iostream has issues with the linker, ni fact with a default library, but I can't use it. Do you know if there is a way to save a memblock to a file? That would be nicer.
The Kurgan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 05:51
Yeah, I've seen mention of altering linker settings, but no actual explicit directions for how to do that. I am having this problem also, anyone fixed it?

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away!" -- The Kurgan
waka324
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have the same problem I did, you have to enable multithreading in your project properties...

This means changing the code generation to multithreaded by right clicking your project in the solution explorer, clicking properties on the bottom, then select c/c++ then code generation, then change runtime libary to multithreaded. I attached an image to my post to help show what I am talking about...

settings were changed when you created your gdk project... needless to say you cannot declare using namespace std; and instead must declare it EVERY time you may decide to use it. IE, std::vector< int> or std::fstream file("some.txt").

If this is not what is causing the issue, please ignore me then...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:00
Quote: "Do you know if there is a way to save a memblock to a file? That would be nicer. "

DBP: (C++ should be similar)
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:30
I think the issue here is that GDK doesn't give ya debug libs, so the compiler is trying to pull in debug io stuff and it doesn't jive. I think you have to force it to use the release versions of io stuff.

as for the GDK memblock to file functionality - its in there. I haven't toyed with it - but its there. Warning however, I have hit a strange memblock ceiling of 257 max - could be just me - but try to recycle your memblocks where you can...

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 02:10
Hasn't anyone done a stickie on this topic yet?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:29:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:29:10