Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK templates missing from New Project list.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 23:13
I'm new to both DarkBasic and Visual Studio express(I used another compiler, that was purely code based, and so I don't have the concepts of forms and all these window controls VS lets me build outside of the code window. :p

I installed VS express, then installed the Direct X SDK. Both were in the default directories of their install. I then said new project, picked the first thing on the list, and saved it. Then I ran the compiler, as according to the DarkGDK instructions it needed to be run once before installing DarkGDK.

When I installed DarkGDK, I once again used the default directories and settings. The install reported that it installed successfully.

Unfortunetly, it didn't. I don't have any DarkBasic templates(or direct X templates for that matter) in my new project options. I just see the same original 5 that are included in VS express.

Being new to VS express, I'm not sure if I need to do anything to "refresh" the list of project options, or if something went wrong, the DarkGDK code isn't being read, or what. I simply don't have the faintest idea how to troubleshoot this program, as all I really understand is the code screen where I can type in C++ code. (Yeay! Something I understand finally is on my screen! )

So...anyone know what went wrong or how to fix this? I've tried restarting the computer, but that didn't fix anything(not that I thought it would). VS's interface is giving me a headache with all these fancy ways to include windows buttons and such, and I can't find the list of dlls or plugin code to include in the compiler. (Is there even one? I checked the help files, but couldn't find anything about it.)
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:18
The setup installs the wizards and templates to
C:\Users\<name>\My Documents
There you should see a folder called "Visual Studio 2008".

But for most users, especially with vista, the Documents folder is actually located at:
C:\Users\<name>\Documents

So you have to move the "Visual Studio 2008" folder into your Documents folder and it will work (solved the same problem for me).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:23:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:23:08