Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A small Issue with Shaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 09:40 Edited at: 30th May 2008 09:45
Hey all!

I've been messing around with Shaders alot more and I finally got my Shader to work, but there is one problem. The Glow effect is not showing up on my object, when I use the the command that checks the Effect for errors I get this following message "dbGetVector4 does not exist." what can I do to fix this issue here is my code can someone help me with this issue? I am also using FX Composer like so many have told me to do.

Also to the devs on the Shaders Advanced tutorial there are a few commands that are not found they are as follows:

dbShaderDataStart, dbSyncCamera, dbLoadCameraEffect, dbSetCameraEffect, and dbSetCameraEffectConstantFloat

just thought I would let you know of these...
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 18:11
dbSetCameraEffectConstantFloat blows up all the time anyway - its broken.

I just last night tried to get DarkCoder's Point Sprite DBPro demo converted to DarkGDK... and it just would not go. I'm familiar enough with DarkGDK to pretty much translate any dbpro to DarkGDK without blemish, however... this isn't a blemish... its a buggy shader system. I couldn't get the spoint sprite shader show even using all hardcoded stuff.. SAME shader works in dbpro flawless.

Hats off to DarkCoder on that one. Not his fault its hosed in DarkGDK.

Firos12
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I got those commands listed above to work. I needed to include the "ShaderData.h" file in order for these commands to run. The Shader loads and everything but the issue now is I keep getting this message "Camera Effect [1] does not have a Render Data Target." So new problems are arising, so if this cannot be helped let me know so I can stop pestering lol.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:08
You're not pestering - if you can unlock this mystery - do share!

Firos12
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this a test?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:54
Hardly - I spent a good chunk of time last night trying to get a shader darkcoder wrote for dbpro to work in DarkGDK - I'm no shader guru so I know that there are many things that could go wrong but this point sprite shader was so simple I actually could understand almost every line of the shader code - it was a rather "simple" shader compared to others with alot more math going on.

Additionally - this simple shader ran like FAST as heck on my PC - and I couldn't get it to work in DarkGDK - the constant float thing kept crashing - even after I made the name of the constant match case with the code etc.. in short I couldn't get it working and I'm not exactly a programming slouch.

Firos12
Years of Service
User Offline
It turns out that my actual FX file doesn't have Render target info, is there any tutorials out there for FX Composer on how to make render targets?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:26:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:26:19