Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3d sound help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
when i use the dbpositionsound i here the sound play but the voulume or pan doesnt change even if im really far from the sounds position?

The south will rise again
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 18:07
scale listener, use single channel wave files... (not stereo)... make sure to position listener where your camera is and face listener same way as camera angle.

CAJUN57
Years of Service
User Offline
How would i go about using dbscalelistener

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 23:25
I experimented with various values. Another way to save time is the same idea but ... make a program that have a couple objects randomly tossed about - a few cubes.

For each cube, load and play a different "3d sound" may color cubes so you know what color should be playing what sound if you see it while moving about.

Oh...that moving about? Make your cam movable so you can fly around. After roating and positioning cam, make the listener in the same position rotation as cam.

Now... add to your program the ability to have a float viable to hold this SCLAELISTENER value, set up you program to display this value each loop and keypresses to adjust it on the fly realtime.

You should be able to experiment with type of set up.

CAJUN57
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you il try that

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 19:48
SO thats what it means when it says 3D music- I always thought it was wierd, music isn't an object..... Now I get it.....

Thanks, I might use that in one of my games.....

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:33:03