Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Hey Please help Load Append then Total...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So Lets say I have a single Creature lets say though this creature movements were saved as seperate .x files. But it is the same creature. So lets say I have Monster-stand.x and Monster-attack.x and monster-die.x So To get them all into one I load any one lets use Monster-stand.x Then I append the monster-attack.x and the monster-die.x and then I do dbTotalObjectFrames? Some actual functioning code would be best to show me.

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 11:32 Edited at: 31st May 2008 11:34
Lets assume that each animation has 30 frames, for a total of 90 frames of animation.

So now, you have a single model, model 1, that has 90 frames of animation: stand 1-30, attack 31-60, and die 61-90

If you used this following code;

...it would play all 90 frames and loop back.

Hope that helped mate!

*EDIT* - One more thing. You really shouldn't be using objects like this =P It's pretty inefficient loading wise as well as HD space-wise, especially if your models are getting pretty big! It would be best to combine all the animations in a modeler, then load the entire model with all the animations.

Tux is my guildmaster.
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I know its not good I am more doing it to see how my game will look there the examples that Dark GDK and Direct X gave you would think they would of combined them all into one .x instead. Any way hope this works thanks

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
The Append Didn't work it did not add any more animation to the object when it looped it only looped the animation the object that was loaded and none of the appended stuff. It would be better to load it into a program and just combine them all but I have no money for any program.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:22:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:22:18