Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / how 2 share mesh and texture without using dbInstanceObject !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I still be with this problem for a week.
I get Answer that dbCloneObject is not share mesh and texture.
but it work for play animation by itself.
sample- There r 3 monsters. 1st monster is standing. the 2nd is jumping.the last is sleeping. 3 monsters aren't play frame same as each other.
The Problem is waste memories when there are a lot of monster, because it same as loading new object.

dbInstanceObject is good about share mesh and texture. save memories.
but The Problem is ... all object that use this command will play frame same as Original Object..

the Question is .. HOW to share mesh and texture but it can play animation that not same as original one.

PS. sorry if post many times..
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 11:00
You cannot get multiple object that use different animations using dbInstanceObject. Instanced Objects are used almost always for static objects; things like scenery that don't have animations. It is much faster than loading or cloning, but all instanced objects rely on the source object for ALL their geometry data.

The very best loading time that you can possibly get for objects that act independently of each other will be with cloned objects. That's all there is too it. You'll have to clone your animated meshes and instance your static meshes.

Tux is my guildmaster.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:17:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:17:27