Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Some problems with MultiSync

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 20:03
I am trying to use Multi Sync to get a game working, and I am trying to undestand what I am doing. I don't really know what I am doing, so could someone just answer these questions so I can make sure I am doing the right thing.-

1. The multiSync dll goes in the second place, in the C:\Users\Byron\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\client\server place right?

2. Are the client server files two seperate projects? like one for client, and one for server?

3. does anyone have a working file that just sends a message- "Working" from the server to the client? Really simple like that?

4. Is it possible to send information about the position of an object so that you can make an online First Person Shooter? Like sparky's has SC_UpdateObject (1 );?

5. Last of all (this isn't related to MultiSync really), is there like a thing that when you type something, it records it? I think I asked this before, but I lost where that thread was...

An answer to any of these questions would be REALLY appreciated, also any other things that you think I might need to know about MultiSync.

Thanks!

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 20:32
Quote: "I think I asked this before, but I lost where that thread was..."

I found the thread!

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:32:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:32:52