Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / My first Drum and Bass song.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 13:40 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2008 08:58
I recently bought the Firestorm sample library from soundsonline wich contains alot of drum and bass stuff, it's got synth chord sound something, basses, breakbeats and stuff.. I bought it just for the beats and perhaps i'll find some use for the Fx that came with it later. the rest.. all the bass, synth sounds, i dont think i'll ever use that but it does have alot of good dnb beats so i'm happy.

This is my first ever dnb song, so dont be too harsh If you've got any thoughts/comments please post them i like all feedback.

The song is located at http://www.soundclick.com/peacemaker and it's called Tinn.

If you're going to use the song in your project please send me a mail telling me about it karisigurd4@gmail.com

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 02:12
That is really cool/ fun song, Lucifer.

All the best,

Beastegargoyle

Streets of Rage the best 3d beat em up ever check out the wip on apollo forums!
The Last Great Swordsmen Wip here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124414&b=19
Erios
Years of Service
User Offline
For a first attempt, this is very good. The problem with most beginner dnb (or any all-electronic music) is repetition. The songs get very old very fast, but you seem to have hit the ground running without that problem.

As far as constructive criticism, the only thing I have is not actually about you or your skills. I would suggest investing in some professional samples. The ones used in this song have a very "midi" feel to them (particularly the synth bass). As a past dnb producer myself, I know it can be very hard to find quality, professional sounding dnb samples, even with money in hand. I wish the place I used to buy mine from was still open (FuturezE), but since I have not been into it in a while, I really don't have a solid recommendation. Just scout the internet a bit, listen to the demos, and see what you like. I think for you it would be money well spent and you could make some great stuff.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 05:12 Edited at: 6th Jun 2008 05:13
Thanks.

it's on my to do list to get a new synth to do all my stuff, right now i'm just using a 3 osc synth for everything i want to reach the peak of what i can do with it before moving onto other synths because i dont like using presets other people made. And i want to learn how to make good presets myself on a simple synth, like the 3xosc one, before moving onto one more complex.. Besides, right now the 3xosc is all i need

When i eventually will start searching for a better synth to replace the one i have now i'm going to look for one that will be able to do pads/bass/leads and everything else i might need for electronia music.

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 02:27
NICE! - I liked it very much, keep up the good work.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 11:45
It's a pretty good song. I must diasgree with Erios though, I actually found it a tad repetive, but then RnB ain't really my kind of music either, so I guess I shouldn't say too much...

Cool to hear that someone's using analogue synthesizers
And it was pretty good sounds you were able to make with that one!

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:54:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:54:23