Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Coming soon: A matrix editor (screenshot included)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 05:31
Hey everyone

I'm proud to announce that my matrix editor is in it's earliest alpha stage.There will still be about 2 more alpha stages, and about 3 beta stages till the final product is realeased.
(alpha/beta tests may very.)

Well, here's a very early screenshot of a 5,5,5,5 matrix, and a quick texture.
http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/Earlyshotsofmatrixeditor.JPG

Now I'm in need of suggestions of what should be included to make this one of the better editors around.I've already gotten suggestions on adding an .X import/export option in the editor, so it would be more like a level editor.That will definitly be taken into consideration.Along with a smoothing tool.I'd also like to support at least the .jpg,.bmp, and a couple other formats so you can add your own textures.So please post any suggestions that you think should be included.

What exactly will be in this editor?
Well this will soon be turning into more of a level editor.
-A few built in particles(snow,fire,etc.), just the simple ones.
-Gives you full flexibility over your matrix size(width,height,zsegments,xsegments)
-Currently 1 texture in the library, but planned to have 50 built in.
(textures will slowly be added in.)
-Planned to be updated regulary.(Updates will vary)
-Easy interface, so anyone can build top creations of their worlds.
-Built in tutorials.There will be a few tutorials on building basic landscapes, and some of the commands.
-And much much more.

Remember, your suggestions are what's gonna make this editor better!
Right now it's about 25% completed.The matrix editor part is pretty much complete(except for lack of textures)And as I said, it's in alpha stage so expect a release some time in mid August.

Thanks for reading.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 22:05
More pics coming soon! I suppose. Yea, interface was pretty sloppy, but I'm working on it now as we speak.(drop down menu's/easy on eye pages/etc.)

I'll show the interface off in a little while.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2003 01:08
http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/Earlyshotsofmatrixeditor1.JPG

Here's the latest update on the matrix editor.
Matrix editor is still in alpha stage 1.00
Let me know what you think, and I'm still open to suggestions.

Features added since last screenshot.
-more textures(though I used the same one,lol)
-pitch camera up and down.
-Now show's ur x,y,z location.

This is gonna be the last update for awhile, just because it'll be awhile, until you'll be able to see some of the tools, that I want to add to this editor, but for now, feast on the screenshot.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2003 00:16
http://www.freewebs.com/goldenrodproductionstudio/Sandstonepicture.JPG

Another wonderful new screenshot.I know I said to myself that I wouldn't post anymore pics, but I just wanted to show off a different texture other than that grass, combined with the randomized matrix.Really gives a nice effect, and I'm soon gonna start working on a smoothing effect(hopefully), so then I'll be able to make some nice rolling hills, and some great sand piles.

Editor has now entered alpha 1.01 stage.

Features added since last post.

-Move camera up and down vertically.
-Yet again, a more improved interface.(2nd remake)
-More textures(total of 5 now)
-Early saving/loading system.

Hope you enjoy, and look out for more updates!

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2003 12:54
looks pretty cool yellow . if you ned any hep just ask. Glad to see u got yr saving and loading done. On a fairly related topic. I found some CDR which means i can get some screenies up l8r on today or 2moz.

Dark worlds are all around us.Open your eyes and you will see.You are still half asleep
http://destined.to/ukchaoshttp://masterchaos.proboards20.com
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2003 19:50
do ypu have a demo for us to d/l?

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2003 21:15
No demo yet.Right now their are still a few key features that I must add before releasing it for beta test.Trust me, these features will make it stand out from most matrix editors.

I'll have information on beta testing in about 2-3 weeks, when my website is complete.(though that's just an estimate).
I'll post when ready.

Thanks for the comments.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 00:58
gl!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:05:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:05:32