Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / System requirements for final user ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What are the minimum requirements to play a game created with FPSC x9? I've just finished to build a game (size if about 100 Mb), but some of my friends can't play with it (e.g. when double click on the .exe, a window opens and closes immediately, so they can't see the menu-> OS is Windows XP with 1Gb of RAM).

Do they need to have a direct X 9.0 or higher ?

Moreover, will a game created with FPSC x9 work on a Windows Vista station ?

Thanks by advance.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
They should update their directX, and it should work fine.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 01:00
If your game uses shaders, they will also need a graphics card that supports shader model 2.0 or higher.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 01:53
You need to give your friend ALL of the files in the folder you found your .exe in. Otherwise, there is no data to run off of. There are several ways to do this. First, use WinRAR, WinZip, 7Zip, or whatever to archive the entire folder. You can then upload this archive to file hosting sites such as FileFront. Second, you can burn the entire folder to a CD. This allows you to hand distribute your game to whomever you want.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 04:34
or use a custom installer (clickteam)

ThankX
Punk13

totor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all for your help.
Actually I have created a .rar containing all the required files, so I think it may be due to the direct x version (the version I built is a test so does not include shaders).

Does anyone know if the game is supposed to work with Vista ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:24:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:24:05