Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / segment editor importing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 01:56
i was wondering if i could some how get the stock control room door into the editor.and also how would i use my own textures. help would be most apreciated.

new pc for chrismas is nvidia 8800gtx ADM 4800 2.5ghz 2gb ram 250 gb hard drive
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 08:23 Edited at: 8th Jun 2008 08:24
the segment editor and FPSCreator have the same directory structure.
Copy over the neccessary files (which you can find out reading their original .fps/.fpe files)and create your own textures based on the .dds textures that are referenced in the .fps/.fpe files. Don't forget to backup everything first so you can revert to the original anytime. and don't forget the doorframe

It may take some time to get it right but it is absolutely possible.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I know the segment editor tutorials tell you to create a similar file structure then make your segments and copy everything over to it, edit/create then copy it all back to FPSC.

But it's SO much easier to just put the segment editor executables in the root directory of FPSC and start editing or creating your segments directly from the original files.

Before you start working, simply create a backup of the Segments folder to maintain the originals. Now you can create and edit without having to copy/move everything to and from a temp directory.

2cents

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:32:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:32:00