Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Mixing DGDK and Win32

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was hoping to have a 'mission launcher' screen that launches the darkgdk game engine...with a whole bunch of specific parameters preferably contained in an object...so I want to make a programmatic function call from a Visual C++ 2008 Express Forms Designer form that then runs the game engine...not layering the form right on top of the game engine! (One thing at a time...) How would I go about doing this? I also want to return data from the game engine to the form...
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 01:31 Edited at: 11th Jun 2008 01:31
VC++ forms and DGDK don't play nice together. You could achieve this with two separate programs, but that would be madness to coordinate. I thought I'd read somewhere on the forum a method of getting this to work, but I'm not sure. Try searching?

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 12:33 Edited at: 11th Jun 2008 12:34
Well, Sephnroth wrote a brilliant tutorial for VS2003, I think that everything said is still valid for VS2008:

Menu's and Dialogs - DarkSDK Tutorial
(Note: The project template is for VS2003, I've opened it straight with VS2005... everything works, just replace 'DarkSDK' with 'DarkGDK' and 'LoopSDK' with 'LoopGDK')

Probably it should have come a sticky thread by the time it was published, uh

It can be more frightening to novice programmers, but I think that the rumour around that DGDK cannot use windows forms is not fair

DGDK can use windows forms and menus

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:33:01