Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbControlCameraUsingArrowKeys blocks rotate camera commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 07:02 Edited at: 10th Jun 2008 08:55
I'm a professional programmer, but I am new to DarkGDK (and DarkBasic and games programming) and have struck an issue with the dbControlCameraUsingArrowKeys function.

If I activate this command in my LoopGDK the dbXRotateCamera and dbZRotateCamera functions no longer do anything, but strangely, the dbYRotateCamera still works.

I didn't notice this documented in the DarkGDK.CHM help file so I wonder if this is a bug or an expected behaviour.

I didn't include my code as it's quite long, but can do so if anyone is having difficulty reproducing this behaviour.

Thanks in advance!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
it's not a bug!
it's the way it's supposed to behave!

dbControlCameraUsingArrowKeys() takes automatic control of all camera commands.

it's good for testing simple worlds, but for proper games, it's better to control the camera yourself.
Phoenix73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 09:42
Thanks bjadams. I suspected it was designed behavior but was thrown when the dbYRotateCamera still worked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:19:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:19:23