Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Gravity Problems.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 02:03
I am working on a game, and I have made a terrain on blender that is a bumby landscape with tunnels going into the earth and into a secret place under the earth.

I have been trying to make gravity, but I have some problems. I know how to make gravity on a flat environment, just by saying that if the object touches the ground, don't use gravity, and if not, make object go down 1.0f.

The problem with that is- if I want to go up hill, I can't because I am using SC_Collision so that I can't go through the walls in the inside of the caves.

Does anyone have a code snippet of gravity that works with going up hill and downhill? The jumping function will be easy after that, just I need the code snippet.

Or anyother gravity code snippets that work. They would be helpful because then I can see where I am coming from, right now I am lost.

I am also hoping to make something like sparky's collision, except with gravity.

Any information about how to make gravity would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Global Warfare
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 00:28
Time to break out PhysX?

If you can do any models for FW, reply to the FleetWars thread.

Click here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:26:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:26:19