Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / ZWrite, Ghosting and Alpha Mapping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 17:21
Hey.

I'm working on a particle system, and I'm getting some problems. At first I just had them ghosted so you could see through them, and I disabled the ZWrite for them, which means they don't look like plains, they look much softer, which is rather essential. I then used the dbSetAlphaMappingOn() command to make them fade out as they moved, because it looked silly otherwise. But to get this command to work I had to get rid of ghosting, which I did, but now dbDisableObjectZWrite() doesn't work, and it looks silly again.

Can anyone give me some advice to fix this? Thanks.

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 12:19
If you use alpha mapping, then don't use dbDisableObjectZWrite
Usual tip is to try the different parameter values for that alpha transparency. Then use alpha transparency percentage to fade them out.
On the other side, ghosted objects are dbDisableObjectZWrite friends, and dbFadeObject is the way to fade them out (IIRC, ajem )
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 17:40
Hmm.. I tried fade object before, but I had some different settings on the particles and it didn't work. I did some tweaking to it and it worked perfectly, thanks!

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:29:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:29:58