Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / v104 to v109; How Can I Update SAFELY?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 22:24
*Cough* WELL. This morning has been quite eventful for me. And it all started when I tried to update to v109. Why? Well, the store, faster speeds, better lighting...all that good stuff. Hrm. Yes, well, it didn't go quite as planned. I upgraded. When I started the editor, I either recieved:

a) An error message

b) An ever-lasting splash screen

So, very upset, I decided to try and see what was wrong...truth be told, I couldn't figure it out. The map editor .exe file had a little x10 button next to it on the minimized tab on the bottom of my screen. A little bell went off in my head, and I thought, "Now, isn't x10 exclusive to Vista? I have XP! Hmmmm..." In a vain attempt at fixing this bug, I tried to delete the map editor.

BZZZTT! "Access denied. Make sure this disk is not in use, right-protected..." blah blah blah blah...yes, I was ticked. So then I tried to uninstall FPSC (after copying all of the files and sending them off to somewhere else on my CP) and recieved a neat little window saying that there had been a catastrophic failure. Why did they have to use that word, I mean, it just seems so negative...

Hmph. I had no choice...I went in and manually deleted all the crap I could, and re-installed it back to v1, then back to v104 with my update. Now it's back to normal...

SO. I need to know how to upgrade from v104 to v109 SAFELY and EFFECTIVELY. I want that store...I really do! But not if it's going to cost me another digital monstrosity. Please help!
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 02:37
I think the X10 icon's just a bug, it happens to me too but I don't think it's anything other than the program using a different icon.

As for updating safely, did you run the .dbo and .bin deletion program that comes with the update? Existing .bins and .dbos could be causing the conflict.

Try installing the update again. If it doesn't work, download the V110 BETA and give that a shot, or revert back to V108.

Oh, and remember your dust mask and safety goggles
Paul
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you copy the files, or just move them? Moving them may cause problems, but if that doesn't help, reboot and then check the task manager for FPS Creator related processes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:26:31