Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Pong - By Destrugter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 03:39 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 03:41
Ok, I know this isn't of real quality in DBP, but it is my first WHOLE program with a purpose. Please give me feedback, I tried to make it as original as possible, without making it a pain to use or play. I will accept any feedback, even though it is one of my first programs, I also wish for others to give me advice on my code if they wish.

You can play from 0 to up to 2 players (will make a more advanced version with up to 4 players.)

Source code and all media is included. The source is mainly for those who want to look at how to make a pong game.

Thanks to TDK for the layout of the game...I used his layout, and the code is all mine. Here is a screenshot (assuming you don't know what pong is )

Edit:Image was too big.

do you love video games a lot ¿¿¿ then comeon down too game zone252 @ http://www.freewebs.com/gamezone252/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Howzer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 02:21
Very simple and well put together. It runs a little fast on my computer. Maybe you want to look a little at timer based movement to resolve this.
Destrugter 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Everytime I try timer based movement I faill at it...I just don't get it. I'll try though.

http://www.runenerds.com - a RuneScape community that is growing. (New community)
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 12:15
as an alternative, you can lock the fps rate using sync rate rate. Eg. sync rate 60
This doesn't give you a constant 60 fps (it's usually a little higher), but it at least limits the screen fps rate.

Timer based movement requires a little more skill to pull off.
It's basically adding some more calculations based on a timer.
Though you might want to check out the DBP or DBP Newcomer board for that.

Congratulations on your first finished program

Sven B

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Destrugter 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I tried the sync rate 60 thing, and since I have the computer paddles add an rnd value to their movement they start going crazy and its not as smooth...But I guess its better then fast or slow gameplay.

http://www.runenerds.com - a RuneScape community that is growing. (New community)
onkypokey
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice, good to see the original pong look and feel being preserved. As mentioned, the framerate is going too fast here as well, a timer would be most welcome

I'm sure you must have felt the rewarding feeling when finishing it up!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:31:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:31:59