Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Direction to take?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok my summer has started and i want to satisfy my craving of making my own game ^^ but what do i use? I bought DARK GDK and FPS CREATOR.. which one would i use if i want to 1. make the game multiplayer 2. host it on a server 3. has a log in screen 4. able to edit character in game like weapons and such and also lets me set up GMs for my game. Im thinking i should use DARK GDK but some reasurance would be lovely. Also is it possible for me to use the maps i have/make in FPS creator in Dark GDK?
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 20:30
1. MultiSync by Benjamin.
2. MultiSync by Benjamin.
3. Dark GDK
4. Dark GDK
5. Depends...

Do you know any C++? Coding a game isn't easy. I suggest you use BSPs for maps, they have good collision detection, and there's some great editors out there, but you CAN use your FPSC maps in GDK. Wait for jinzai to respond about MultiSync, he knows it better than most people, maybe as well as Benjamin does.

You do understand how a game works, right?

If you can do any models for FW, reply to the FleetWars thread.

Click here!
I LIKE CEREAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe he doesn't if hes asking about a mostly click and drop game creator and Dark GDK which is a game engine built from DirectX and needs C++ coding from Visual Express 2008.
Antigroup
Years of Service
User Offline
Most of that stuff you are talking about you can't do in FPS creator. You can use your FPS creator maps in GDK but you shouldn't try to use collision detection with the map. You would want to create some simple things such as collision boxes and spheres where necissary and hide them. So the player thinks they are hitting the wall they see. But they are actually hitting an invisible box you put there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:30:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:30:40