Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Roof and floor question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My situation (For example): I have a room on the 1st floor with a brick ceiling. Directly above it I have a room with an iron floor. On the 1st floor it shows the iron floor rather than the brick ceiling. Is there a way to have the brick ceiling on the 1st floor AND the iron floor on the 2nd floor.

Thank you in advanced,
Bryce
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 07:13
Have a segment in between floors?

Yup, that's about the best solution we've ever had.

The one and only,

daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 09:59
Either get Firma (it's free) and make your own segments with distinguished floor and ceiling textures or do it "the hard way" and build your own segments with TGC's Segment editor (wich is free, too).

In Firma, you would make your first and second floor segment based on "Study Room mid" style as it has floor and ceiling textures.
First floor: concrete floor, brick ceiling, brick wall.
Second floor:Iron floor, brick ceiling, brick wall.

If you don't like the brick ceiling on the second floor, put in a third floor with a different ceiling texture. So you would always have to stack an extra floor on top but thats the easiest way to achieve what you describe.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Mammoth Moth
Years of Service
User Offline
Firma doesnt work on my Windows 2k computer says unexpected error and needs to close.
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 23:31
Then you can try to get the segment editor and uvmap a custom floor segment instead...

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 01:30 Edited at: 18th Jun 2008 01:32
Would have been better if TGC had provided a stock room that allows for unique floor and ceiling textures on multiple tiers.

I've attached a template .fps file you can use to create floors and ceilings with unique textures on either side allowing a different upper room floor texture to the ceiling texture on the room below.

All you need to do is amend the first texture reference in the .fps to your floor texture location and the 2nd texture reference to your ceiling texture location.

Save the template .fps as something suitable for your segment and make a 64x64 pixel .bmp image to represent it in the FPSC editor directory (must be called same as .fps). Place the new .fps and .bmp image in a folder within 'segments'.

Of course using Firma to do this is a couple of clicks but if you can't get it working this is what you need to do.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mammoth Moth
Years of Service
User Offline
I am sorry, I cannot understand your instructions, could you please rephraise it?

Thank you in advanced,
Bryce
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 03:00 Edited at: 18th Jun 2008 03:12
- Download the attached '2sided.fps' from my previous post
- Open with notepad so you can edit it
- Amend the line 'texture0' with the location and name of your floor texture e.g. texturebank/user/metal1_D2.tga
- Amend the line 'texture1' with the location and name of your ceiling texture e.g. texturebank/user/metal2_D2.tga
- Save the file e.g 'metal.fps' ensuring save type is 'all files' not 'text .txt'
- Create a 64x64 pixel .bmp image in Paint as an icon for the floor/ceiling and save e.g. 'metal.bmp'
- Place both files e.g. 'metal.fps' and 'metal.bmp' in a folder within C:/Program Files/The Game Creators/FPSCreatorFiles/Segments/User
- Open FPSC and click 'Segments' panel in the editor. Browse to your folder and you'll see the .bmp image you made as a clickable object. Click it then place where required
- Floor texture will now be different to ceiling below
Mammoth Moth
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you much, I am new so I don't understand much about that type of thing. I would have never known it could have been opened with notepad either. It works but everytime I try to put a simple wall beside it, it changes the floor. So annoying...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 05:02 Edited at: 19th Jun 2008 05:07
Quote: "Thank you much, I am new so I don't understand much about that type of thing. I would have never known it could have been opened with notepad either."

No problem. The forums are a good source for help providing you can demonstrate you've done something to help yourself before asking others for it.

Quote: "It works but everytime I try to put a simple wall beside it, it changes the floor. So annoying..."

You need to make a seperate wall segment to solve this. Painting walls from room segments will cause this to happen. I've attached a segment wall .fps template for you. Use the same method I described before to amend it.

Be aware you need to ensure any walls which require CSG functionality e.g. doors are painted using 'paint walls only' from room segments as FPSC doesn't allow CSG punching on segment walls alone. This must be a bug.

Either CSG punching needs to work for segment walls or painting walls only for room segments should only paint a wall, not a floor aswell.

You can work around the problem your having but yes, it is annoying. Oh and if you can't get Firma to work under Win2k you need to spend $15 and get 'Signs' from www.fpsconline.com.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mammoth Moth
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much once again, I'll download and try that file tonight after school. I will look into buying signs.

Thank you,
Bryce

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:40