Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 14:29
Hey guys i havent been on for a while (Broken Arm) anyway i have recovered and know im starting my new project but i have a choice of using either X10 or X9 here are the pros and cons...

x9
Pros:
Scripts
features
model packs
mods
flexible

cons:
old grafics
bad AI
No good Allie system

X10:
Pros:
AI
ALLes
Water
air
grafics
new media

Cons:
not many x10 compatible media
not much veritity
Features or mods

so i want to now what to use...
thank you

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 16:57
X9, because it is much cheaper to run, and the upcoming migration will contain most of the x10 features anyway.

EFX Mod is pretty good, if you want good graphics. I hear there is a window refraction mod coming up soon...

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 18:48
Quote: "not many x10 compatible media"

not actually true

its like anything, do you wish to buy a product which support will end in favour of X10(not saying it will happen soon but it will) or do you want something that will eventually get all the attenetion.
its like me, im going to buy TGEA over TGE(well for a number of reasons)as eventually it will be all about tgea

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 19:19
Quote: "its like me, im going to buy TGEA over TGE(well for a number of reasons)as eventually it will be all about tgea"

At least until Torque2 comes out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:19:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:19:05