Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / About 2 different PC's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have darkgdk running in my laptop and desktop but to my surprise, they dont give out the same output.

for example:

the collision works fine in my desktop but when i bring the same codes and same media to my laptop it's different. the collision seemed to be bugged or something since half of my character is under the floor, not like in my desktop.

can somebody help me?
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 20:44
Your laptop doesn't seem to have the best video card or something.

If you can do any models for FW, reply to the FleetWars thread.

Click here!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 21:08
same version of Sparky? When you say you move same codes... Are you moving EXE or "source code" and recompiling? Is same exact DarkGDK version? Same DirectX Version? Same DirectX SDK (Aug2007)??

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 21:19
Jason!!!!!! You're back!!!!!

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Kira
Years of Service
User Offline
@zuka

my laptop's vidcard is higher than my desktop but they're both generic.

@jason

yep, the setup of DarkGDK, sparky and the directx are the same on both
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 23:32 Edited at: 17th Jun 2008 23:33
Any more details on the bugs? Also, is one Intel the other AMD? Also, details on the graphics cards would be helpful.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 01:14
@Lilith - <awww> Lilith! Thanx! What a nice welcome! I never really left - just been coding like a mad man! You do know of course you can email me whenever you wish! I Promise to ALWAYS respond - even if only to say "I got to respond later"

@Kira - You need to have the dev environment on both machines - and display coords and stuff to the screen - there has to be a reason they are different. Same Models? Same "directory" reading the data? In my DarkGDK OOP lib - I have code that writes to a log file EVERYTIME ANYTHING doesn't load as expected. This helps me a great deal. This might be worth looking into - making your own generic load routines for objects, images, etc. and make each smart enough to look for file existance, and if file loaded (dbObjectExists(ID) after loading it) and logging to the log file the file name that was sought.

Without seeing your code (honestly crammed busy ATM and won't beable to look at a mile of code for ya - but) if you can replicate the problem in a small short "hello world - I'm a bug" I think myself, Lilith, and many others here might be able to help a bit easier. Shoot - you'll probably figure it out for your self just trying to replicate the issue in a small program...

--Jason

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 17:06
Quote: "I never really left - just been coding like a mad man!"

Actually, I figured you had your head in a DirectX book, soaking in all the details and foibles.

Or you went to DisneyWorld.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 18:23
LOL - Actually no books - lots of googling, dx tutorials, and help from DavidW - I put this together: ftp://jegas.com/setupkatana0010.exe (70 meg install) Laser Scan Viewer. Straight up dx9. (Wire Mesh doesn't show on all video cards) Point display does - though I saw one ATI card go all black (My Wifes - perhaps I should upgrade it) - but I've heard only good reports so far. You really should take a peek.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:35:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:35:34