Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / C++ Knowledge

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I'm using DarkGDK with 60% C++ knowledge, and I can make a game smoothly. What about your C++ knowledge? It seems you don't need much C++ knowledge to use DarkGDK
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 19:51
Yeah I find I don't have to use pointers and all this memory management stuff too much.

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 20:00
Trust me, if you invest the time to learn all the memory management stuff, you will find you can do stuff you never dreamed you could. Just take a basic C++/C class at a community college or something and they should teach you it. I was never really able to understand the subbject of Memory management through online tutorials, but it's definitely worth learning!

I was just trying to do something in DBPro that required memory addresses and pointers, but was rather shocked when I found DBPro can't do that without an extensive amount of third party DLL's. So I've been thinking of fully switching to DarkGDK.

Mountain Dew, happyness in a bottle.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 20:10
Quote: "if you invest the time to learn all the memory management stuff, you will find you can do stuff you never dreamed you could."

I was very wary of pointers and memory management until I had no choice in a project I was working on. So I had to bite the bullet and work with it. Strangely enough it all worked as advertised and I've been comfortable with it ever since.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:31:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:31:20