Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / My first real song

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 17:33
I've never shown this song to anyone except a few (un)lucky ones. Guess I could just release it seeing as it doesn't do any good lying on my HDD, collecting dust-bits by itself.

It is technically my second (and a half) song, but the previous ones were experiments and ripoff's for training purposes. I am quite satisfied with it despite a few mistakes here and there.

I never named it, so it bears the honorable title of "02".

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 22:05
As far as my rubbish music judging ability goes it's excellent for a first real song

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 22:45
well done mate thats my kind of music ,quality is amazing .

I like it because it`s not repetative ,most songs are including my own .

Keep knocking them out .

toshiba satellite 1.6 core duo + nvidia geforce go 7300
windows xp pro.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
I still remember my first "real" song, it was horrible

This one is much better, and i'm very impressed!

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 15:27
Thanks, fellow humans!

This one is about 2.5 years old, but I haven't really made many songs that are of equal or better quality than that since. It is very annoying. I wish that was my standard, but it isn't, so don't go around thinking I'm good at this.

Anywho, I wanted it "out there". Out of my system, to embark on the great internets. It's fair use.

I think it deserves a name though.

Quote: "This one is much better, and i'm very impressed!"

That means alot coming from you.
You're not bad yourself.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 20:10 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 20:11
It's pretty good. I only listened to the first 1:04 seconds of the song, because my slow internet connection died. Wow, now that is picking up well!

All the best,

Beastegargoyle

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sig2wp6.jpg

The Last Great Swordsmen a 3d hack n slash http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124414&b=19
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 11:46
Well, I must say, this is good stuff. Especially considering it being your first piece.
(You should have heard my first songs... )
Also, it's cool that you have that good sounds for a first song. Where did you get thoose?

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 12:12
Well most sounds you hear are standard samples in reason 3 (which I used at the time I made that song). But the electric guitar, I dug that one up at this site: http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/

You need to register before downloading, but it's well worth it. There's a lot of nice soundfonts there I could never live without. Like the "SGM-180 v1.5". Which most of my work use one or more samples from.

Quote: "I only listened to the first 1:04 seconds of the song, because my slow internet connection died."

I read a similar post by you in another thread. Hmmm you should perhaps do something about that, that sounds way painful.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 12:51
Sounds good 'ma, makes me wanna try this computer music business myself - though I doubt I could top that as a first go, but you know, reading some of the comments people get I'm sure people will tell me what's crap and what isn't.

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 18:03
Quote: "I read a similar post by you in another thread. Hmmm you should perhaps do something about that, that sounds way painful."

It is painfull. Although, on the apollo forum's i can download 1.2 mb and than it just stops always on anything. When I download stuff from my email I can download 20mb really slowly but it downloads the whole thing. So my internet is alittle weird.

Best,

Beastegargoyle

The Last Great Swordsmen a 3d hack n slash http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124414&b=19
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Grandma, not too bad. I would tune down the cymbol a bit in the middle of the song... I like how it starts off soft and than gets into it in the middle. Good Job!

Indie

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:08:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:08:33