Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] My Final Post

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I've been a big fan of FPSC for many months now, but I think it's finally time for me to move on. The fact is I lack imagination, I really do. I've always dreamed of making games like Halo, Red Faction etc. But maybe I don't have what it takes. I mean there are so many ways to make games out there I don't really know what to dedicate my time in. Good first person shooters have so much that unfortunately I don't think FPSC can offer. I'm feeling so lost, I just want to accomplish something worth while in doing what I love. On a brighter note I've learnt a lot from FPSC. Maybe it is for learning, maybe it is best for beginners. Anyway I don't know what path I'm going down at the moment, I just want to create something unique and special, and I just feel that FPSC lacks that. But it is a fantastic program and I've had so much with it. Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for one day. The TGC rules.

Jon Moreton
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 22:52
Why is everyone making a thread about leaving? geez.

I guess i have to wish you the best but it doesn't really need to be posted as a thread to state you're leaving, there have been like 3 in the past few days

prepare for this to b locked soon

one level = game's done!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 23:18
There was a time where there was a goodbye thread every few months. Now there is 8899234 a day.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 23:22
Who are you?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 23:28 Edited at: 19th Jun 2008 23:30
I know, the description for this thread is in regards to FPSC in general. But, hey, you gotta give this guy some slack. He has found the TGC forums a community, he likes FPSC (that in itself is a misc subject regarding FPSC) and because he felt a part of the community he just wanted to say goodbye and express his feelings. We all need to do that sometimes.

fpsdx18, so long and I wish you well and that you find what you are looking for.

Maybe DBPro would be the way to go because you can make just about anything you would want with that. It will take some time to learn and you still will need an imagination. But perhaps your imagination is causing an "overflow" with FPSC. In other words it can't do what you are imagining.

Addendum:

BTW, I think those who are leaving because they hate FPSC or because they hate the forums are the ones who shouldn't say anything and just leave. That's what I do.

** We are not Alone **
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Bye, altough I don't know you
But why all a sudden are people leaving?
Maybe its a conspiracy
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 00:02
Quote: "Joined: Fri May 23rd 2008"

Uh, yeah. A big FPSC-fan for months.
Creativity takes time, and time requires patience.

And if you're leaving the boards, tell those who you really know. Goodbye-threads are a waste of forum space.

Your big has been erased by a signature because it was too mod.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 00:06
Quote: "Goodbye-threads are a waste of forum space."

I don't personally think they are. It's sad to see other members go but when a person just joined it's a waste.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 02:12
The statement from fpsdx18 seems to be a very sincere one and perhaps quite an accurate assessment of the situation many indie developers find themselves in. Individuals respond to that in different ways. This particular one is leaving at least for now and although I do not know fpsdx18 its nice to have the courtesy of saying goodby shown and in return I wish him good luck.

That is quite civilised behavior.

It does not have to be laboured and should be genuine so theres no reason a member should not say farewell in my personal opinion.

Then the thread can be locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:18:49