Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Collision / Camera newbie help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 02:48 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 08:38
Hello. I'm a Dark GDK newbie and I want to make an FPS .

I went through the included tutorials, and so far I can use my own models from 3dsm and stick them on screen.

similar to the Game Level tutorial, I've been trying to load a whole level (which right now really is just a textured plane and a few boxes making a crude builing) packed into 1 .x file, and use that as the environment. I then will bring in other 3d objects to be the little people etc.

The problem is... I don't understand how to use the collision on objects! there is no tutorial for that and on my own i just couldn't get the camera so collide with anything using "dbMakeObjectCollisionBox" and "dbAutomaticCameraCollision" and a couple of similiar commands.

I do realize that in the terrain tutorial, collision on terrain is demonstrated, but I'm using 3dsm and don't really want to use the terrain tools (unless I have to).

So I guess my question is: how do I do that -or- am I taking the wrong approach completely?

Hi.
aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
Make something simpler? How about pong?

http://overspace.panddpictures.net
SourceForge: OverSpace
You can call me Ian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 08:11
That's not really the kind of answer I'm looking for.

Hi.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 16:24
Quote: "That's not really the kind of answer I'm looking for.
"

everyone says that, but I won't!

Quote: "Hello. I'm a Dark GDK newbie and I want to make an FPS .
"

I am working on one right now, and it isn't easy, let me tell you that, and I am not really new to darkGDK.

For collision, you want sparky's collision. It works much better and it IS much better.

There are a couple of tutorials out there on how to use it, so just google it.

I think making an FPS will be too hard for you, but I may be wrong so, i will try and help you in this way. But don't ask me for EVERY question, because I think you should try and figure some questions out.

Good Luck!

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 120 high maximum please

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:30:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:30:16