Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] How do I do this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I create a level where the player kills a certain number of enemies and wins? I can't find this in the manual. Pleease help.

Trying to learn.
flickenmaste
Years of Service
User Offline
search what you want before you post please!

[url=http://userbarmaker.com/][img]
ekeak
Years of Service
User Offline
hmph, the world is a dictionary. Every persons job isn't to sit and read... and read... and read... until they find what they are supposed to be looking for.

Trying to learn.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 04:23
Quote: "they are supposed to be looking for."

they will if their SUPPOSED to be looking for it.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 04:34
Look for "IsObjective". Giving your characters an "IsObjective" number will end the level when the last objective is met (or destroyed).

Best.

ekeak
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, i'll try it

Trying to learn.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 15:45
Quote: "Every persons job isn't to sit and read... and read... and read... until they find what they are supposed to be looking for."

This is why they track IQ scores below 90.

I believe just within the last week the same thing was asked.
Someone even posted a sample script to try.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 16:16 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 16:18
I've recently read a few threads about people leaving. Some of them were from people who had just joined. There seemed to be some question about why this was becoming more prevalent. I wonder if a gang of current members jumping on all the new guys has anything to do with it. I know it's fun, but how many times and different ways do we have to tell someone to search? I've even seen where one member called the guy an idiot for asking a question. Do you think he will want to be a part of this wonderful community? Would you?

Just a thought.

EDIT: I just recently saw the term "mini-mod" being used and found it quite amusing. We sure do have a lot of them. LOL

Best.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 16:51
To add to Brian's observations; I believe it's time to institute a new rule around here. If you don't want to help the person asking a question (whether it's been asked a hundred times before or not), then simply refrain from posting. If no one helps the person out, then the thread will simply die. If you feel the need to continually insert comments like "Read the Manual", "Search Before you Post", "Find out Yourself", etc.; you will be put on post moderation.

The TGC Forums (FPSC section specifically) has a reputation around the Game Dev world of being unfriendly to newcomers (and sometimes regular members)....responses like this only add to that reputation.

-Keith

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 17:25 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 17:25
KeithC thats a GREAT idea. Would that count for other mods as well?
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 18:04
Well, when someone suggests that you do a search. That's an indication that the answer you want is probably out there. Which is good! But if you come back and tell them it's not your job to read. Then we really don't need that attitude in the forum.

Quote: "If you feel the need to continually insert comments like "Read the Manual"....you will be put on post moderation"

The problem is, my valid post with an original question will get bumped down to the second page and never read because there are dozens of useless posts asking if there's a way to change the sky in a game. I fully acknowledge that people slip up from time to time. Or they simply didn't get the right phrase to yield a good search result. But if you at least try, and mention that you tried, I think you get a lot more respect. I really don't think dumbing-down, or cluttering up the forum helps. I was a noob, I got schooled, and I'd like to think I do a better job now. imho

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 20:07 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 20:09
Quote: "Would that count for other mods as well?"

I would hope that other Mods would insert a helpful comment along with the statement "Use the Search Button"; although there is a minority here that seem to avoid that 9using the search button) at every turn.

The point is, is that there are a number of people here who jump at the chance to berate a new member looking for info. The search function doesn't always work as desired without reading through reams of items that have nothing to do with the original searcher's question. If your Valid topic gets bumped to the bottom, then just bump it back up with a comment like "still looking for help with this", etc.

-Keith

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 20:33
Quote: "Would that count for other mods as well?"

It certainly does.

Forum members must be polite to other members at all times. If you have something to say then it must be done in the correct manner with courtesy and a friendly approach towards your fellow members. There are no exceptions or excuses for anything less.

Moderators here give some slack occasionally from time to time but dont complain when crack downs come around every so often. You may be unlucky when they do.

You can expect FPSC Moderators to be on top form for a while.

Be nice please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:23:59