Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] New Forum Rule/Guideline

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 20:40 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 20:49
Quote: "I believe it's time to institute a new rule around here. If you don't want to help the person asking a question (whether it's been asked a hundred times before or not), then simply refrain from posting. If no one helps the person out, then the thread will simply die. If you feel the need to continually insert comments like "Read the Manual", "Search Before you Post", "Find out Yourself", etc.; you will be put on post moderation.

The TGC Forums (FPSC section specifically) has a reputation around the Game Dev world of being unfriendly to newcomers (and sometimes regular members)....responses like this only add to that reputation."

Quote: "The point is, is that there are a number of people here who jump at the chance to berate a new member looking for info. The search function doesn't always work as desired without reading through reams of items that have nothing to do with the original searcher's question. If your Valid topic gets bumped to the bottom, then just bump it back up with a comment like "still looking for help with this", etc."

Quote: "Forum members must be polite to other members at all times. If you have something to say then it must be done in the correct manner with courtesy and a friendly approach towards your fellow members. There are no exceptions or excuses for anything less.

Moderators here give some slack occasionally from time to time but dont complain when crack downs come around every so often. You may be unlucky when they do.

You can expect FPSC Moderators to be on top form for a while.

Be nice please."

I have just read a recently locked post. And I found that juicy quote in there. I figured I'd make this it's own separate thread so all users can see the new rule that will be integrated into these forums.

Maybe make this a temporary sticky as well?

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 20:47 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 20:48
Quote: "The point is, is that there are a number of people here who jump at the chance to berate a new member looking for info. The search function doesn't always work as desired without reading through reams of items that have nothing to do with the original searcher's question. If your Valid topic gets bumped to the bottom, then just bump it back up with a comment like "still looking for help with this", etc.
"

I think that quote can be directed towards you a bit there bloodhound lol, no offense. And many others sometimes myself as well.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 20:50
Quote: "and hope to remove it totally soon."

You may have no choice but to if this rule actually becomes integrated into the forums.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 21:03
Being polite at all times to other members has always been a rule around here.

Its part of the AUP and always has been. No need to reiterate it with a sticky.

Its particularly relevant here at the FPSC forums.

How and when the FPSC Moderators enforce that is entirely a matter for their descertion.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 21:04
Locked. There is no debate. Be polite please. Period.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 03:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 03:22:56