Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / how to position weapon model to model hand

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
if i have model of character.
and sword model.
how to position it to player hand..
coding ?
or make new weapon insert keyframe animation in blender same as the character?
which is better.

if useing code to position it? how to do like that.
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 19:28
Think a little about the two ways that you have suggested. The first way...coding, requires some knowledge of the limbs of the model and weapon. The second way is the same, except that you are using Blender to circumvent the requirement of that extra knowledge.

When confronted with a situation like this, I ususally try to find out how familiar games do the same thing. MD2 models use a separate weapon, which is positioned where it needs to be on the model. It has animations that keep it in place during recoil, for example. This is a little limiting, but it works flawlessly, until you get the weapon and model out of sync. Probably, it was done like you suggested, but without including the weapon in the final model...it is a separate model that is animated in sync with the avatar.

DarkMatter models use an integral weapon, which is downright vexing to me, as it implies that you need a separate model for each weapon, barring some code to do the same thing.

At any rate, the limb commands are your path to attaching things to other things programmatically.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 01:29:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 01:29:12